EDB Launching Free Online Empowerment Platform to Support Entrepreneurs
Non-Financial Services from EDB will continue the bank’s role in developing the SME sector in the UAE given its importance to the country.
Emirates Development Bank has today signed an agreement to launch an online empowerment platform. The platform will provide Free essential resources and content to help entrepreneurs at various stages of their business development.
Powered by Potential.com, the online platform will provide, EDB’s website visitors as well as the general public, access to business courses, templates and professional video content curated for:
- Entrepreneurs with an idea they want to turn it into a viable business
- Startups that have established their business and are looking to scale up & expand
- Existing business owners that want to expand their SME business
These business courses will cover topics such as Strategy, Innovation, Sales, Marketing, and Accounting. Entrepreneurs will get practical professional tips on how to address common business challenges delivered through short videos that are curated for the UAE market needs
Mr. Faisal Al Bastaki, Chief Executive Officer, Emirates Development Bank, commented: “Emirates Development Bank plays a unique role in developing the SME sector and empowering entrepreneurs with opportunities for growth. Not only by providing financial services, we are also offering this platform to support entrepreneurs at various stages of their business development. This is a key step forward to ignite entrepreneurial efforts to play a key role in creating a diversified economy.”
“This innovative empowerment platform programme has been developed to empower UAE and regional entrepreneurs with the knowledge, and skills needed to help them succeed in their entrepreneurial journey. “Said Shadi Banna, Chief Executive Officer, Potential.com
The platform will go live by the end of January 2020, when the public would be invited to join.
About Emirates Development Bank
Emirates Development Bank was established under Federal Law by Decree No. 07 of 2011 issued by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE. It became operational in June 2015 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs. The Bank provides comprehensive and easily accessible banking services to UAE nationals. To serve our customers better, understand their needs, and serve their goals to the best of our abilities, we have two operational branches in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. For more details, visit www.edb.gov.ae
Potential.com is a global EdTech social enterprise that works with individuals, governments and corporates to support key social projects such as job creation, SMB and entrepreneurship development, innovation, community well-being, diversity and inclusion.
Governments and leading brands around the world, rely on Potential.com’s innovative empowerment platform to launch customized initiatives for their citizens and customers by helping them; startup, expand their businesses or enhance their career prospects.
– WAM: https://www.wam.ae/ar/details/1395302811925
– Al Khaleej: http://www.alkhaleej.ae/economics/page/e761551e-e450-4d9b-af97-79ee1a471b84
– Al Bayan: https://www.albayan.ae/economy/local-market/2019-12-23-1.3733636
– Al Roaya: https://bit.ly/2tBIYkb
– Al Watan: http://alwatannewspaper.ae/?p=560151
– Al Iqtissadi: https://bit.ly/2SmhKsb
– Al Ain: https://al-ain.com/article/emirates-development-bank-online-entrepreneurs
– Urdu point https://www.urdupoint.com/arabic/story/793468.html
– Zawya: https://bit.ly/2Si9DwT
– The Gulf Time: http://emirates-business.ae/edbs-free-online-platform-to-support-entrepreneurs/
– Pressreader: https://www.pressreader.com/uae/khaleej-times/20191223/282192242891169
– WAM: http://wam.ae/en/details/1395302811924
Subscribe to our newsletter